Create an Ocean in a bottle
Sprinkle a little sand and/ or glitter into a small water bottle, add a drop of blue watercolor. Add a shell or small plastic sea creature and seal with the lid. Lay the bottle on its side so that the contents settle and then gently tip the bottle from end to end and watch the waves rolling along the base of the bottle.
- Empty water bottle
- A few pebbles, sand, &/or glitter
- A few seashells
- Blue food coloring (optional)
- small plastic sea creatures (optional)
- Use an empty water bottle.
- Add a few pebbles and seashells.
- Half fill with water.
- Add a drop of blue food coloring (optional).
- Replace the lid and tip from front to back.
- See how the water splashes from end to end.
- The water moves like the ocean waves.
- Add small plastic sea creatures and watch them move as the water moves from end to end.